What are frequent types of piracy ?
Infringement of intellectual property rights investigated by AIB can take many different forms, such as:
- iIIegal reproduction from seeds or tubers.
- illegal vegetative propagation from cuttings and other plant material.
- incorrect use of a registered variety name of a protected variety.
- packaging, trade and distribution of illegally propagated seeds and plant material.
- the use of seeds and plant material produced by a grower, so-called Farm Saved Seed without the obligatory payment of agreed royalties by the end user to the holder of the plant breeder's right.
- illegal sales or other commercial destination of Farm Saved Seed,
- parallel import of protected varieties.
- infringement of trademarks via the use of protected product names and logos and the illegal reproduction of packaging material.
- illegal use of variety pictures on seed packages